In the heart of the historic city of Carcassonne, and with a breathtaking view of the Medieval City, classified world heritage of humanity, our 18th century mansion welcomes you for an exceptional stay.
4 guest rooms, 1 family suite and 1 apartment on 700m2 and 4 levels, equipped with the luxury of yesteryear and all modern comforts, are located in a magnificent green setting. You can relax there after your day of exploring our Aude region and its riches.
In the residence, a large living room adjoining a space with a piano-bar atmosphere, ideally furnished with comfortable armchairs and sofas, awaits you for a bit of reading around a hot or refreshing drink.
free and secure car park
high speed wifi
medieval city : 700 m
Lovers of our region and our land, we will be happy to advise you on:
- The best tables, known only to locals.
- Unmissable monuments and rare gems of architecture and nature.
- The good addresses of the very famous “Herbal Market” on Place Carnot.
- The wines and aperitifs of the region.
Originally, this house was the residence of the owners of the Brasserie Fritz Lauer, founded in 1815. LAUER beer was very famous in Carcassonne and we can still see old advertisements painted on old walls. After multiple redemptions and plot resales of the land, the Brewery disappeared in the 1950s.
Respecting its soul, the house was perfectly restored in 2004, giving it all the charm and presence of the Belle Époque, and providing it with a very high level of comfort: air-conditioned rooms, motion detection switch, wifi in all the rooms and the garden, television … and soon a heated swimming pool with a balneotherapy area and a large area covered by a Saharan tent.
- High speed Internet by Wifi connection in all the rooms and the garden.
- Secure and free parking within the grounds of the property.
- Concierge application allowing you to reserve drinks and meals online.
in the pure French tradition
Breakfasts will be served in the large dining room or outside in the garden, according to your wishes and the weather. We have paid particular attention to making this meal a moment of well-being, in the purest tradition of French breakfasts.
- Imagine a table for two, with family or friends, set up with old Limoges porcelain and silver cutlery.
- Smell the fragrances of a freshly ground espresso coffee, a good hot chocolate, choose your tea: green, Russian, earl gray or Indian.
- Savor the delicate freshness of seasonal fruits, the crunchiness of fresh bread, and freshly baked pastries. According to your wishes, an assortment of local cheeses and cold meats from the surroundings will be offered to you.
- Taste the sweetness of a quality dairy product, sweetened with a touch of exceptional jam, and finally, savor a real freshly squeezed fruit juice …
In the evening, we will offer you bistronomic platters (to be reserved 24 hours in advance) of cold meats, cheeses and salads, or even revisited regional dishes, accompanied by wine or Champagne. Later, we will also have the pleasure of offering you our bistronomic table d’hôtes (information to come very soon).
You can contact us by e-mail, phone or by filling out the form below.
Frequently asked questions
Is it possible to smoke inside the house?
For your comfort and your health, the interior of the house is non-smoking.
Can we have a crib in the room?
On request, a child-type umbrella bed can be made available to you free of charge.
Where to find a hotel in Carcassonne at the foot of the medieval city?
Just a 5-minute walk from the medieval city of Carcassonne, the Demeure Saint-Louis is ideally located for visiting the historic center!